What you need:
- Gingerbread Dog House Kit or DIY your own!
- Peanut Butter & Molasses Icing for “glue”
- Peanut Butter Icing for treats
- Dog Treats (links below for what we used!)
- Optional: decorative grass and powdered sugar for final details
- Before you begin building, make your icing and get your dog treats out of the bag and ready to use!
- Put together the gingerbread pieces into the shape of a dog house using the thick PB icing to hold the pieces together. The icing will set and start to harden after a few minutes making the dog house more stable to apply the dog treats.
- Decorate the house any way you like using the Peanut Butter Icing to adhere the treats to the house. For an easy, mess-free application, use a piping bag for the icing. We used the Smokey Sticks to line the outside of the walls for a log cabin look, Best Buddy Bones made the perfect roof design, a large Grain-Free Best Buddy Bone for the door and a Waffle for a picture window. We finished up the design with an adorable cranberry heart chimney on top! For a fun holiday look, we added decorative grass and powder sugar for snow!
- Lastly, let your dog enjoy! Wally and Wanda loved it and couldn’t stop sniffing and licking it. We had a tough time keeping them away, so we can keep the Gingerbread Dog House on display!
Here are the treats we used to decorate and where you can purchase online:
- Smokey Sticks
- Best Buddy Bones
- Cranberry Carrot Heart
- Well Balanced Waffles
- Grain Free Best Buddy Bones
- Bakery Bears
- Best Buddy Bits (These would make cute Christmas lights!)
- Fido’s Food Truck (Another option for the roof design)
Have a PAWSOME Holiday!